Thursday, January 6, 2011

Couponing 1/6/11: Saving money while eating healthy...


Hey Friends!

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. To tell you the truth, I haven't been couponing much lately. Shane and I got a deal through Groupon a month ago to try Medical Weight Loss Solutions for 4 weeks. Basically they put us on a STRICT (in my opinion as I love my carbs and junk food) diet, gave us Lipotropic injections weekly (amazing stuff: it's vitamin B6 and some other vitamins in a shot form. It helps your kidneys speed up the fat burning process and as a result increases your metabolism), and they weighed us weekly to view our progress. Long story short (and 10 lbs lighter ;-) ), I couldn't just buy whatever was on sale. I had to eat very lean meats, only certain kinds of veggies, and little to no carbs. Not to say I didn't save any money through my Publix shopping; I did save almost 50% each week.

Well, I finished my sessions with MWLS on Tuesday, but started working with a personal trainer this week so I still have to watch what I eat. This is a pretty good week to shop at Publix for those of you like me. Here's how I did:

Total Spent: 27.24
Total SAVED: $29.33

  • 3 Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pastas @ B1G1 & 1 Ronzoni Lasagna noodles (not b1g1) (2 $1/2 coupons applied): $2.69 (BTW, the Ronzoni wheat pastas have a lot less calories than the Mueller's wheat pasta!)
  • 2 boxes Keebler crackers (B1G1): $3.89
  • 1 box 100 calorie packs of Chips Deluxe (B1G1): $1.60
  • 1 Box Duncan Hines Brownie Mix (not on sale; not healthy, but I cannot make it through a diet w/ out splurging a little ;-) ): $2.59
  • 1 bag FlatOut bread (B1G1 & $2 off coupon when you buy ground beef): free w/ $0.55 overage!
  • 2 boxes Vitamuffin Tops (B1G1): $4.49
  • 2 bags Publix deli meat (supposed to grab the 2 for $5 ones but we did not): $6.79
  • 1 lb ground beef: $3.90
  • 2 carts of egg beaters (B1G1 and 2 $1 off coupons): $0.79
  • 1 gal Milk: $3.59

And as always, I also applied a $5 off $25 Save-A-Lot coupon to my total purchase. I've had them try to not take my Save-A-Lot coupons before just because it's not that popular of a store around here, but once I tell them where the closest one is (in Alabaster next to the thrift store), they'll take it. By the way, that Flatout bread is AMAZING! It's got less calories than regular bread, and Shane and I used them tonight to make the best burgers ever! I highly recommend them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment