Tuesday, September 7, 2010

FREE WRITING!!!!

So, we haven't blogged on here in a while, and I want to blog about something, but haven't decided what yet. Sorry I never continued my last post in January, but I'm no longer interested in the subject and it's not important enough to continue. I will say we did do as we said (invited our neighbors over for dinner and giving stuff away kind of things) and the updates are our neighbors were not interested or "too busy" to come over for dinner, but we might watch a football game this semester.

On to my new subject. Since I couldn't find a topic to write about, but really wanted to write, I decided to free write. My English teacher in high school had us free write sometimes and I loved it. All it is is writing what you're thinking and not stopping until a timer or something goes off. So, here it goes!

I have to pick up Shane at 8:30 I think so I have about 30 minutes to type. I'm sitting on the couch next to my mom and her boyfriend. My mom's boyfriend started coming over on Tuesday nights to eat my dinner I cook, and I allow it because he pays me, which means more free groceries/ food for Shane and I. The boyfriend is an alright guy, but still too awekward to talk to him. I cannot spell awekward. It's amazing that I passed English classes in high school and college because I suck pretty hard at spelling and grammer. I love food. I love cooking and eating, but I've been sick for the past 48 hours, which makes me sad because I haven't been able to enjoy my meals like normal. Shane says that if I didn't worship God, I'd worship food. It's true. Good thing I love God because if food was it for me i'd be fat and lonely. I've been watching this show lately called Cake Boss and it's pretty awesome. It's about this bakery in New Jersey and this Italian family owns/ operates it and makes these amazing and intricate cakes but they're so good they charge $1000 to $2500 for each cake they design. They're so cool though that I'm thinking I really need to start learning how to cake decorate. I'm really interested in it, but I am very subborn and try to learn things on my own without asking others to help me. If you see that I am interested in doing something, and you're good at it, you should teach me and make me learn. I went to a sewing class that taught me how to use my sewing machine, but because of that all I can make is ghetto placemats. I'm so stubborn about learning it on my own that I haven't asked and I have some people wanting to teach me, but I just don't ask. I need to work on that. Anyway, cakes are so cool and it looks like fun. I want to play with fondant because it looks like it's as fun as playing with play-doe. I hear it doesn't taste as good, so I figure i'd cover all my cakes with buttercream frosting and then lie the fondant over that. That way people can enjoy the cool designs on the cake, but peel them off and eat a delicious cake. I also notice they do this in Cake Boss. I would like to go to New Jersey and ask them to teach me but I understand from their online reviews that you have to wait 3 hours just to buy an $18 cupcake. I think it's worth it though. I also want to design cupcakes. Man there's so much I still need to do. I need to learn how to make stuff that's more complicated then placemats, and how to design cakes. Then I'll have passed my own housewife class I have designed for myself. You know when I lost my job last year and we decided I should become a housewife, I was really scared and afraid of what people would think and say about me. I had and still have people think/ say stuff about me that I feared would happen, but I don't care about that anymore. I'm learning that the people that are saying/thinking stuff don't know me well enough to be doing that, and I know I'm doing what God has called me to do, so think what you want, but I'd be dumb not to follow God's will for my life. It's funny how when I really want things and don't get them, how i'm better off without them in the end. Shane and I really wanted this '05 Murano from this car dealership here in Pelham that was souped up (leather seats, back-up camera, sunroof, adjustable/saved drivers seat, etc) but the financing just wouldn't work out (I am talking about this car because our car was totaled in July and if you've ever had your car totaled, you know how quickly you have to get in a new vehicle). Anyway, we found this Murano before our rental was taken from us and we didn't get it. I cried all day. We went to Carmax that evening and they had a blue Mazda CX-7 um...lost my train of thought because I'm watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition. This show is soooo cool. Anyway, so the CX-7 worked out and it's an '07 with 33k miles whereas the Murano had 90k miles. So, God knew what He was doing when He wouldn't let us get that car. This show is so cool, oh no....Mark (the mom's boyfriend) just started singing "I wanna be a cowboy baby" by Kid Rock. Ok, so this show is so cool. Anyway, we're at a comercial. I can't spell. I am sitting next to my mom and her bf to make sure they don't start making out. Gross. I only have 10 minutes though. Ok. What I love right next to food is traveling. We're trying to decided where to go for our Anniversary this coming year. We go out of town every year during our anniversary, because, why not? I think it's the best time of year to vacation and get away from distractions. For our honeymoon we went to Destin (I LOVE Destin and am so glad the oil is gone from the beach!). Our 1st year anniversary we went on a cruise to Mexico. Our 2nd we went to Disney World. The last one was Vegas. This year I think we want to go on a cruise, but I think we want to try out Royal Caribbean this year instead of Carnival. But I don't know. We'll see. Ugh, stomache's starting to hurt again, but there's only 5 minutes left. Something I wanted to blog about was missionaries and why we think they need to live in poverty. But, I came to the conclusion that if we think they need to live in poverty, then we need to live in poverty because we think we're doing missions everyday. So, there ya go. Stomache hurts, but i've lost 3 lbs since yesterday! I would like to keep it off as I am trying to lose 30 lbs, but I would like to do it in the healthy way. I'm the fattest I've ever been, which I guess isn't so bad since i'm not obese, but I've never lost 30 lbs before. But, we have an excersize bike sitting in our living room and it's been helping a lot, especially since that's where we spend the most of our time when home. I've been like a hampster with that bike; just constantly on and off. Other than my stomache problems, I've been feeling better and energetic with that bike. I need to start dancing to my Zumba dvd's, but I need to do it when Shane is not there because he makes fun of me. 1 minute left. Oop! Times up! Good night to all!

1 comment:

  1. i feel like i just got off a roller coaster . . . that was fun. Do it again! your english teacher would be so proud :)

    ReplyDelete