Thursday, November 4, 2010

Couponing Week 6


Welcome to my freezer. It is packed FULL of food I've purchased since couponing. It is so full that I had to duct tape it shut- no lie! I even tried to remove the ice bin, and rearrange everything, but it is still too full to shut on its own!

I didn't do really well this week at catching the best deals. Frankly, this week's ad had nothing that interested me. I almost just skipped a week of grocery shopping since I don't need anything, and I still feel like I should have. The only thing that really saved me were those 2 $5 Publix gift cards I received from Kellogg's in the mail, and a $5 off Food Giant competitor's coupon (which my cashier debated on taking, but I'm glad he decided to accept it).

Total Spent: $38.05
Total Saved: $67.12 (including gift cards)

  • 5 boxes New York breads (50% off and $3.20 coupons): $4.55
  • 2 Boxes TGI Fridays snacks (on sale & $3 coupons): $5
  • 2 Digiorno Pizzas (2 for $10): $10
  • 2 boxes Pillsbury Holiday Cookies (3 for $6 & $1 coupon): $3
  • 2 boxes Toaster Strudels (B1G1 & $1 coupon): $1.45
  • 1 box Cream Puffs & 1 box Eclairs (B1G1): $5.59 (oh I feel fat by just listing these...)
  • 6 64 oz Gatorades (3 for $5): $10
  • 2 jugs Louana Veggie Oil (2 for $5 & $1 coupon): $4
  • Barilla Thin Spaghetti (B1G1): $0.69
  • Publix Oatmeal (penny item): $0.01
  • 2 boxes College Inn Chicken Broth (B1G1): $2.49
  • 2 can Green Giant Green Beans (B1G1 & $1 coupons): $0.29
  • Glass Plus Cleaner (B1G1 & $1 coupon): $0.25
  • Scotch Packaging Tape (B1G1 & $1 off): $0.75
  • 2 boxes of Publix Diet Coke (2 for $5): $5

I apologize for being such a fat kid this week. It didn't help that I went to the grocery store HUNGRY and in a hurry. I don't apologize for the fat kid stuff I bought that I got a good deal on with coupons, but I definitely didn't need to buy Eclairs and Cream Puffs.

On a different note, I want to introduce all of you to something that might be just as good as couponing. It's a company called Angel Food Ministries. They sell good food for CHEAP and you pick it up at your local churches/ schools once a month. They are a Christian company, but I really love the fact that when you pick up your food, they don't try to save you. You just drive over, show your receipt, pop your trunk, they load the boxes of food, then you're good to go! There's also no limit of food you can buy, and the more people that purchase from them, the cheaper the food gets! If you've ever been to my house for dinner, there's a good chance I cooked you something I purchased from Angel Food, and you liked it! They've also got complete Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners!




4 comments:

  1. I'm surprised they took the Food Giant coupon; that's great!

    If you sign up at http://save-a-lot.com/ for their newsletter, you can print a $5 off 25 coupon (the secret is to enter how many copies you want when the print prompter opens). I use one every single time I go to Publix in Pelham. Plus, it applies before you coupon totals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh! Thanks Ashley! Yeah, and the Food Giant coupons I have are only for $5 off $50! Save-a-lot just made my Publix shopping a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your freezer and I have a suggestion for you that has helped me. Remove the items out of the boxes like the Coles Garlic Bread, waffles, TGIF snacks, etc. My outside freezer is so stuffed that is the only was I am able to put any more in. A word of caution though...if you stuff it too much and there is no air ventilating, it will shut down! My large outside freezer did because the vents got blocked and I lost everything on my door, top shelf and vegetables.
    www.staugustinesavers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete