Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Coupon Experience Week 3



I really thought that this week would be the week that I actually saved more than I spent. Not so, and I was disappointed, until Shane made me realize just how MUCH food I've been getting every week for a very low price. My cart is filled up to the max every week, and I don't think I ever spend more than $60 for it all. In fact, I have so much food stocked up, that I think next week I will only be buying stuff if it is free or close to free because I don't need anything! I also signed up for an Upromise Publix card today, which will give me money towards my student loans every week I buy groceries there, so I'm pretty excited about that. Anyway, here's how I did this week:

Total Spent: $52.46
Total Saved: $44.91 ($15 worth of coupons included)

Here's the breakdown:

- Publix Chocolate Almonds (Penny Item): $0.01
- Bag of Nestle Crunch (B1G1): $3
- 2 Gal Publix Drinking Water: $1.58
- 3 Gatorades (the big jugs: 3 for $5): $5
- 2 bags of Cape Cod Kettle Chips (2 for $5): $5
- 2 bags Ritz Toasted Chips (B1G1 & $1 coupon): $2.39
- Mueller's Elbow Mac (B1G1): $0.75
- 4 Zataran's Dinner Box Kits (B1G1 & $1 coupon): $3
- Duncan Hines Brownie Mix (B1G1): $0.99
- Publix and Planter's Honey Roasted Peanuts (Buy theirs, get ours free deal) $3.19
- Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce (B1G1): $1.18
- 2 Box New York Bread (2 for $5 & $0.80 coupon): $4.20
- Klondike Bars (B1G1): $1.80
- 5 things of cheese: 2 Phil. Cream Cheese, 3 bags Kraft Shredded Cheese ($5/5 coupon, $2 Target coupon, & $1 Publix Coupon): $6.55
- 2 Bags of Salad (B1G1 & $0.55 coupon): $3.45
- 2 Cole's Garlic Bread (2 for $3 & $1 coupon): $2
- 1 Pineapple (on sale): $2.99

My shopping deals this week were good, but nothing amazing to me. I do look forward to all the Zataran's meals I will be making within the next month. Speaking of meals, I made homemade Chicken and Orzo soup last week with Coffee Cake for dessert, and I realized it was the first meal I've cooked from scratch where I had purchased everything (minus the chicken and veggies, but I got those for cheap) on sale. The total cost was around $8 and it fed 4 HUNGRY adults! I look forward to more meals like that!

Anyway, I hope some of you are reading this and being encouraged to start couponing. If you are pro-couponers already, then I would appreciate your feedback and where you see I could improve on my deals. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I do read Shauna and have been trying to coupon as well. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family and I really needed a time out from our work and a friend suggested we go to Cape Cod. When we arrived on Cape Cod, I was surprised that it was a serene place, but there were a lot of fun things to do on Cape Cod! We went sailing in Hyannis Harbor on a sailboat and then we went to Provincetown to watch whales do their thing. The experience was just plain awesome, we all feel energized when we got back to our house.

    ReplyDelete