Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Couponing Experience Week 2

I stole this pic from a Kroger ad. Apparently they have a card that all your coupons can go on now, instead of carrying and handling all your different coupons? Cool idea I suppose, although I like to throw all my coupons I'm going to use at the store in an envelope and surprise the cashier after she rings everything up! This also keeps the people in line behind me from getting pissed off :-)

Anyway, here's how I did this week. I'm not as impressed as I was last week or the week before, but I got some stuff I wasn't planning on getting and didn't have coupons for. I'm striving for the day where I can save more than I have spent. One lady commented on Southernsavers under the Publix ad this week that she got $120 of groceries and spent $40. I'm hoping for that day soon.

This week I spent $83.43 and saved $49.26 (16.73 of that was coupons) Here's the Breakdown:

- $25 Itunes Gift Card ($5 off Winn Dixie Coupon) $20
- 2 Gal. Publix Drinking Water (not on sale) $1.58
- 4 12 packs of coke (buy 3 get one free) $12
- 4 Powerades (b1g1) $2.50
- 2 Boxes Keebler Crackers/Snack Sticks (b1g1) $3.89
- 2 Jugs Swanson Chicken Broth (B1G1) $2.59
- Progresso Bread Crumbs (b1g1 & $1 off) $Free!
- Helman's Mayo (B1G1) $2.35
- Ronzoni Orzo Pasta (B1g1) $0.70
- Nabisco Munch Pack (B1G1) $3.00
- Publix Coffee (Penny Item) $0.01
- 2 cans Campbell's Chunky Soups (sale $1.29 each & $2 coupons) $0.58
- 3 cans Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup (3 for $5, didn't bring my coupons :-( ) $5
- Oscar Mayer Carving Board Turkey and Ham Deli Meat ($4.29/each Applied $2 man. coupons and $1 Target coupon) $5.58
- 3 bags Pillsbury Ready to Bake Cookies (3 for $6 and $1.55 coupons) $4.45
- 2 Gal. Publix Ice Cream (2 for $6) $6
- Kraft Montery Jack Cheese (no sale) $2.99
- Squash Zucchini (sale for 99 cents/ lb) $1.31
- Fresh Green Beans (sale for 99 cents/lb) $0.66
- 2 bags Thomas Bagels (b1g1 & $1 coupon) $2.99

So, not as good of a week as it could have been, but I'm very excited about two of the meals I'm making using the stuff I bought this week! I'm making that Party Chicken in the Publix ad this week (go to Publix and try it...it's real good!), and Chicken and Orzo soup. Shane will be happy because I haven't really been cooking since I started couponing since most the the good deals I get are on those frozen skillet meals and mexican food. I'm also looking forward to making something with the Zucchini squash I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment